Monday 7 April 2014

rhubarb muffins


I have happy rhubarb.  It is already growing like gangbusters so I decided to make some rhubarb muffins.  I've been eating these rhubarb muffins since I was a kid, I'm not sure where the recipe originated.



Rhubarb Muffin Recipe:
1 and 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 and 1/2 cups rhubarb
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Topping (optional)
1 Tb melted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions:
Combine sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and milk
Stir in rhubarb and nuts
Add dry ingredients
Put in muffin tray and sprinkle with topping


Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes




Now off to eat a muffin with my coffee.  Do you have any favourite rhubarb recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment